Building on Hope’s 30+ years of manufacturing hubs, the Pro 5 is the combination of all our experience to meet and exceed the demands of current and future bike technology.
The Pro 4 proved to be one of the most reliable and versatile hubs on the market. The Pro 5 builds on this with improvements throughout, offering the right balance between speed of pick-up, load capacity, durability and drag.
One of the key design objectives for the Pro 5 was the reduction of drag in the drive mechanism. This has real world riding benefits and was achieved by upgrading the sealing with a new zero drag labyrinth seal, and an improved ratchet and pawl system, with new springs. Both greatly reduce drag as well as increase durability and load capacity when compared with the Pro 4.
Another big update comes in an increase in the points of engagement (from 44 to 108) using an offset 6 pawl freehub design, where 3 pawls are engaged at any time. This achieves the right balance between speed of pick-up, load capacity, drag & durability, and in real-world terms gives a speedy feel on the trail whilst keeping crank movement to an acceptable level without compromising the free running of the hub or its reliability.
Externally the shell takes a new profile to add stiffness without adding weight whilst housing a new axle design enabling the use of bigger bearings in a better arrangement to fit the latest freehub standards whilst increasing load capacity.
As with every product made at Hope durability and longevity are key. Everything about the Pro 5 has been considered, and tested to work in the worst conditions possible from seals to bearings....And eventually if something does wear out the Pro 5 is fully serviceable and rebuildable with simple tools, or if you need to change drivetrain standards one hub works with everything. So swapping freehubs is easily done, and changing end caps to suit different frame and fork axle standards future proofing your wheels.
Completely new for the Pro 5 is the option of Centrelock disc fitting and an e-bike specific hub that comes with a freehub tailor made for the stresses and strains of e-bike use.
- Improved sealing to stop dirt ingress and to reduce drag
- New Labyrinth seal has zero drag for incredible freewheeling performance
- New Pawls/Springs design to increase longevity, load capacity & a reduction of drag.
- Increased engagement from 44 to 108 with a new offset 6 pawl freehub design
- Wire cut pawls from high strength steel for maximum strength.
- New step down axle design for a stiffer more durable freehub
- New hub body profile for increased stiffness without adding weight
- Ebike Specific hub designed for the demands of ebikes
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable with simple tools
- Available in 24, 28, 32 and 36 hole drillings
- Available with all modern freehub bodies
- End spacers can be easily swapped to suit different frame and axle standards
- 6 bolt or Centrelock disc fitting