Punctures are no more an issue with Air-Liner, the ultimate run-flat insert for mountain bike tires. Air-Liner is a foam-based insert for tubeless tires designed for run-flat riding. Re-usable and easy to set up, Air-Liner protects the rim, increases the grip and prevents pinch flats. Advantages are countless:
- Allows for 1 hour run-flat riding
- Easy to set up
- Durable - up to 2.000 km life span
- Increased tire and rim protection
- Absorbs high-frequence vibrations - comfort increased
Air-Liner allows for run-flat riding thanks to the new-generation polymer is made with, which makes the insert very solid and elastic at the same time.
Air-Liner is available in multiple sizes:
- Size S – Cross-Country / Marathon – from 1.9” to 2.2”
- Size M – All Mountain / Enduro – from 2.25” to 2.5”
- Size L – Enduro / Plus – from 2.5” to 2.7”
- Size XL – Plus / Fat – from 2.7” to 4.0”
Air-Liner can be used on both standard wheels and tubeless-ready wheels, with both tubeless and tubeless-ready tires, and with any type of sealant – preferably without ammonia. In addition, it fits any type of valve for tubeless.
Although Air-Liner is made with a slighlty dense polymer, it is very resistant. This particular structure provides the insert with light weight without compromising on resistance and duration: Air-Liner weight goes from 160 g to 220 g according to the size, and the product life cycle is 2,000 hours in normal conditions or one hour run-flat.
The Air-Liner set-up
Air-Liner comes as a tube with two continuous carvings – one at the top and one at the bottom of the tube – designed to make room for the air and sealant within, and to better support the tire.
In the packaging, Air-liner comes with a zip tie to close the tube on the rim. As the Air-Liner length always exceeds the wheel diameter, you need to cut the edges of the tube according to the size of the rim (you can use a cutter for this processes). After that, you need to make two holes – one for each extremity of the tube – and insert the zip tie in the two through holes (you can use a screwdriver for making the holes). Beside this, the mounting of the Air-Liner is not too different from the one of inner tubes. To facilitate the mounting even more, we suggest lubricating the insert with some water.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device