During the 2019 race season we saw 'mullet' wheel sizes becoming popular amongst some of the fastest riders in the world. Synthesis wheel system is already tuned to be front and rear specific but could combining with a larger front wheel and smaller rear be the ultimate combination, quite possibly!
This wheelset comes with a 29" wheel upfront and a 27.5" wheel on the rear, equipped with the Industry 9 Hydra hub.
- Mountain bike's first tuned carbon wheel system for downhill.
- Front and rear specific wheels tuned and optimized to address the specific performance requirements and loads of mountain bike riding.
- Compliant tuned front wheel improves handling and maximizes grip and control in turns.
- Stiff tuned rear wheel supports peak loads and enhances stability and tracking at speed.
- Engagement: 0.52º quiet engagement / six pawls
- ETRTO: 585mm (27.5), 622mm (29)
- Hub: Industry Nine Hydra
- Inner Rim Width: Front 31.5mm, Rear 31.5mm
- Outer Rim Width: Front 38.7mm, Rear 39.5mm
- Rim Height 18.75mm
- Spoke Count: Front 28, Rear 32
- Spoke Type: Sapim CX-Ray (front), CX-Sprint (Rear)
- Warranty: Lifetime (rim only)
- Weight: 1945g per set (27.5), 1995g per set (29)