GIRO PROLIGHT SLX II ROAD SHOE
The upper of the Prolight SLX II's are constructed from Evofiber, a micro-fibre material that is incredibly supple and breathable. The shoe is dominated by three offset titanium d-ring straps. You'll notice the rings that the upper 2 straps feed through are set further towards the centre of the foot, this moves the pressure point away from the metatarsal bone and also provides a more even tension for increased support of the foot arch.
There are two different footbeds supplied within the box. First there is the standard Ultralight footbed, which at only 10 grams is a super-lightweight insole for those worried about every last gram. The second option is the SuperNatural Fit footbed, which has interchangeable arch supports. This allows you to customise the footbed depending on how arched your feet are; ensuring maximum power transfer, comfort and injury prevention.
The Carbon sole is made from Easton's EC90 SLX ACC high modulus carbon fibre that is both incredibly light and stiff. The sole does not wrap around the foot like in many other manufacturer's 'bath-tub' designs, instead the upper is allowed to flow over the edge of the sole which provides greater comfort, especially on long hot rides where your feet will swell and expand over the course of the ride.
- 3 strap closure with offset Titanium D-rings
- Easton EC90 SLX high modulus carbon sole
- SuperNatural Fit kit footbed and Ultralight standard footbed supplied
- Supple and breathable Evofiber Upper
- Travel bag
- Weight: 198 grams (size 42.5 with Ultralight footbeds)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device