Nukeproof Giga 297 Elite Carbon Bike 2022
Click & Collect
Nukeproof Giga 297 Elite Carbon Bike 2022
NP Yellow / S
Unit 9, Hills Hire Centre, Johnstown Rd, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Unit 9, Hills Hire Centre,Johnstown Rd,Dún Laoghaire,Co. Dublin012840609
Unit 9, Hills Hire Centre,Johnstown Rd,Dún Laoghaire,Co. Dublin+3532840609
The Giga 297 Elite Carbon offers an epic balance of speed, agility and all-mountain control for riding anywhere on Earth. Ideal for soaring the steepest climbs and blasting the fastest descents, this mid-level Giga-model features a carbon frame and is equipped with superb components for an awesome performing bike at an affordable price. It also has a Shimano 12-Speed groupset, Fox Float suspension and rolls upon a mixed wheel standard with a 29" upfront and a 27.5" on the rear.
Full Carbon Frame, Fox Suspension and Shimano Groupset
This stylish and capable enduro bike features a full-carbon frameset that's armed with long travel Fox Float 38 Performance Series suspension and a Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed groupset with a wide-ranging 10-51-tooth cassettes and SLX M7120 4-Pot hydraulic disc brakes. This all-terrain monster truck of a bike rolls upon Nukeproof Horizon V2 Boost wheels wrapped in Maxxis Assegai and Minion DHR Tubeless Ready tyres. The Giga 297 Elite brings speed, stability and traction to any off-road terrain, anywhere on Earth.
Gluttony – Habitual Greed or Excess
It’s a motto that athletes like Sam Hill live by. The new Nukeproof Giga is the embodiment of this idea; Designed to be the ultimate hard-hitting Super-Enduro weapon for when you just need more.
As riders, we are all guilty of the gluttonous sin; we never stop striving, never stop pushing, enough is never enough in the hunt for the ultimate. It’s a constant push for bigger, longer, rougher and faster with ever-increasing demands on the performance and capabilities of our bike. The pursuit is endless. In its first year, the Giga frames have racked up numerous test wins and media awards, plus a whole heap of silverware at the races.
Whatever the wheel size; the Giga a seriously capable machine, with 180mm (27.5” or 29”/27.5”) or 170mm (29”) rear travel; the Giga is a monster truck of a bike that has travel in reserve for when you need it. But to pigeon-hole it as a point-and-shoot machine would be a disservice as it is so much more capable than this might suggest. Due to the way that it uses its travel; the Giga gives you the feel of a big bike, yet the versatility of a modern super-enduro bike. The Giga has a dynamic and confidence inspiring ride to help you push your limits in all kinds of terrain. It’s equally at home at big mountain technical enduro stages of venues like La Thuile, as it is lapping the biggest lines in the Whistler bike park.
Supportive, Controlled and Progressive Suspension Performance
The suspension is designed to be super supple off the top, whilst being supportive in the mid stroke and progressive throughout the rest of the travel. The anti-squat is optimised to ensure the Giga descends like a hooligan yet behaves itself on the climb back to the top for the next run.
The suspension platform is based on the same horseshoe driven linkage as Nukeproof’s award-winning Dissent downhill frame, albeit now with a 2-stage main pivot flip chip. Using an eccentric axle system, riders can alter the Kinematic progressivity, so the bike can be tailored to suit the conditions on the trail with only an 8mm allen key.
- Setting 1 = 25.5% progression
- Setting 2 = 29% progression
Both settings have a super supple beginning for small bump compliance. They also both have good mid-stroke support for better cornering and pumping. Like the Dissent, the progression drops off in the end stroke to prevent mid-stroke harshness or spiking and allows more tuning options with volume spacers.
The + Progressive setting can be used to add shock progression on a coil set up just like adding a volume spacer to an air shock. The added suppleness is also good in wet and slippery conditions.
Robust and Lightweight Carbon Fibre Frameset
The Giga Frame is constructed completely from UD 700/800 Carbon fibre. This allowed Nukeproof to optimise the stiffness and compliance of the frame parts individually. The front triangle has been tailored for stability and precision, whilst the rear triangle was designed for compliance to help tracking and provide grip. Another bonus of the carbon rear triangle is that it has a lower un-sprung mass for ultimate suspension performance.
To ensure a perfectly dialled fit Nukeproof now offer the 297 bikes in S, M, or L sizes and the 290 bikes in M, L, XL or XXL. The frame geometry is Long, Low, Slack and Steep as it is based around their saddle offset principle, which ensures the seated riding position is tailored across all sizes, with steeper seat angles on bigger frames. The Seat tube is also designed for maximum seat post insertion to allow maximum drop.
Fox Performance Suspension and Shimano SLX 12-Speed Groupset
Nukeproof’s Elite Range features suspension performance from the awesome Fox 38 Performance Fork and X2 performance rear shock. The drivetrain is from Shimano’s wide-ranging 10-51 SLX 12-Speed groupset. Stopping power is provided by Shimano’s SLX 4-Pot hydraulic disc brakes. The all-carbon frame rolls on Nukeproof’s award winning Horizon V2 wheels wrapped in Maxxis Tubeless tyres, giving it top-class speed, stability and traction for all weather and terrain conditions.
Water Bottle and Accessory Mounts and Integrated Rear Mudguard
The Giga is also sculptured to fit a 750ml water bottle (carbon bottle cage included) as well as an accessory mount under the top tube for emergency trail tools. All models also feature an integrated rear mud guard and plenty of clearance for up to 2.5” tyres. The frames feature a clear paint protection kit as standard with 3D contoured rubber downtube, seat and chain stay protection.
The Nukeproof GIGA: Gluttony is not a sin.
Please Note: Due to severe delays in the bicycle supply chain, we have been forced to make some alterations to the specification of the component parts supplied with this bicycle. As a result, the specification may differ from those shown in the images. Please refer to the specification table for accurate information.
- Frame: Nukeproof Giga 297 Carbon, 180mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, adjustable main pivot, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS
- Fork: Fox 38 Float, Performance Elite Series, Grip 2 Damper, 180mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black
- Shock: Fox Float X2, Performance Series, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom CM, RM, Rezi CM tune, 205x65mm, Trunnion with Bearing End, 1x 0.3 spacer fitted
- Front Wheel: Nukeproof Horizon V2, 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: Nukeproof Horizon V2, 27.5", 6 Bolt, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29" x 2.5 WT, 3C MaxxGrip DD TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5” x 2.4 WT, 3C MaxxTerra DD TR
- Crankset: Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 32T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano SLX M7100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX M7100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano SLX M7100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano SLX M7100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Chain Guide: Nukeproof guide with Bash, 28-36T, ISCG-05, Black
- Brakes: Shimano SLX M7120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads
- Front Rotor: Brakco 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Brakco, 203mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 45mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof, Black
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal with Brand-X Remote lever, S:125mm drop; M:150mm drop; L:170mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Accessories: Nukeproof Carbon Water Bottle Cage
- Weight: 15.68kg Medium Tubeless
- Material: Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre
- Fork Travel: 180mm
- Axle to Crown: 594mm
- Fork Offset: 44mm
- Rear Travel: 180mm
- Wheels Size: Front 29"/ Rear 27.5"
- Max Tyre Size: 2.6"
- Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated): 28%
- Shock Size: 205x65mm
- Shock Hardware F: TRUNNION
- Shock Hardware R: 30x8mm
- Headtube: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated
- Headset: ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8
- Bearings Required: 2x 6901-2RS MAX, 4x 6902-2RS MAX, 2x6804-2RS MAX, 2x 6900-2RS MAX
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)
- Seat Clamp: 36.4mm
- BB: Threaded 73mm BSA
- Rear Hub: Boost 148x12mm
- Rear Axle: SRAM UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Brake Mount: 200mm Direct Post
- Protection: 3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS