The Brand-X Ascend CX dropper post is a 27.2mm internally routed dropper seatpost designed for use on road, cyclocross or gravel bikes. It is also perfect for use on mountain bikes which use a 27.2mm seatpost diameter.
Having seen how dropper posts increase confidence, control and rider enjoyment on mountain bikes, Brand-X created the Ascend CX post to bring the same benefits to drop-bar bike riders. With click of a button you can drop your saddle out of the way to increase descending confidence for off-road riding.
Operated easily via a paddle style remote on either side of your cockpit, the aluminium CX Dropper Seatpost is easily installed on bikes with internal cable routing. The ascend CX comes with a drop bar specific lever designed to fit 31.8mm drop handlebars. For use with standard flat handlebars, the standard Brand-X lever is required as an additional extra.
The post is cable actuated at the bottom of the dropper post via a linkage mechanism which eliminates cable pull/movement for a smooth and reliable performance. Like all Brand-X's seatposts the Ascend CX offers the best value and reliability on the market.
- Material: T651-7075 Aluminium
- Bar mounted paddle style remote lever and cable operated internal routing (included)
- Linkage mechanism eliminates any outer cable pull
- Zero offset, one-piece head/upper shaft with micro adjust clamping mechanism
- Only compatible with internally routed bikes
- Seatpost Diameter: 27.2mm
- Overall Length: 85mm: 350mm; 105mm: 400mm
- Cable Length: 1.5m
- Lever Diameter: To fit 31.8mm handlebars
- Finish: Sand blasted and hard anodised
- Warranty: 2 years
- Rider Weight: Min: 50-55kg; Max: 120kg
- Weight: 530g (85mm travel, w/o cable and paddle)
Minimum Insertion Length Information:
|Size||Minimum Insertion Length||
Minimum Insertion Length including the actuator (mm)
|27.2mm x 350mm 85mm||100||134|
|27.2mm x 400mm 105mm||120||154|
- Colour: Black
- Length: 85mm, 105mm
- Material: Aluminium
- Diameter: 27.2mm