We are looking for an experienced lead mechanic to join our busy workshop team.
As a lead mechanic we expect a high level of experience working on everything from vintage bikes to the latest generation of full suspension mountain bikes and electric bikes.
The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and efficiently, will have a friendly demeanour, will be a good team player and display good communication skills.
As a lead mechanic your responsibilities will also include training and mentoring junior staff.
Our ethos is one built around team work and fairness, so while this role is primarily as a lead mechanic in our busy workshop, we expect all staff members to assist in sales and customer service when there is a need.
Qualifications & Experience
As a senior mechanic we require at least 5 years of working as a mechanic in a bicycle shop, suspension servicing workshop or similar.
Cytech Level 3 is preferred but not required where a similar level of skill and experience can be demonstrated.
All candidates should be computer literate.
- Experience servicing & repairing a wide range of bikes, parts & accessories.
- Confident working with major brands of hydraulic brake systems.
- Competent Wheel Builder.
- Experience working on bicycle suspension components including suspension forks, shocks and dropper seatposts.
- Experience replacing frame bearings on full suspension mountain bikes.
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot latest generation of electronic bike components such as SRAM AXS and Shimano Di2.
- Experience working with E-Bikes including Bosch & Shimano Steps.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is negotiable based on experience and skill level.
- 21 Days paid annual leave per annum (+ bank holidays).
- Demo bikes & product available to staff.
- Staff discount on all purchases.
- Cycle to work scheme available.
Our shop is located on Johnstown Rd, Co. Dublin. Minutes away from the M50 and just a few hundred metres off the N11 which offers easy access to South Dublin, Wicklow and surrounding areas.
Located at the base of the Dublin & Wicklow mountains, we're ideally placed for afterwork rides in the summer.
Full time employees work 4 days per week with one set week day off. As a full time employee you will be expected to alternate weeks working on Saturday with our other full-time mechanic.
Please email your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.